Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, November 25, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products report, which tracks deep packet inspection (DPI) software solutions and related hardware deployed in wireless and fixed-line networks.
“The path that network functions virtualization (NFV) will take remains a bit uncertain as standards crystallize and operators develop their strategies, but we believe that NFV will ultimately have a significant impact on the deep packet inspection (DPI) market,” notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
Levine continues: “As DPI functionality becomes decoupled from the underlying hardware, operators will be able to extend it further out into the network more cost effectively, driving continued market growth. As this occurs, the line between DPI platform vendors and suppliers of DPI components will begin to blur, creating a shift in the vendor landscape.”
DPI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global deep packet inspection (DPI) market is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 22% CAGR from 2013 to 2018
- Sandvine maintained its leading market share position in the overall DPI market, while Cisco narrowly took the lead in mobile DPI
- Traffic management remains the primary driver behind DPI deployments, particularly in markets such as Asia where video traffic is growing exponentially
- There is a growing interest in leveraging DPI to support more innovative service plans and content bundles, particularly in markets where net neutrality is an issue
- LTE is driving spending on DPI in developed markets, where the additional bandwidth is igniting more video consumption
- DPI suppliers are capitalizing on the demand for analytics solutions by providing tools and dashboards that analyze the data their products derive, allowing operators to gain insight into network, service, application, device, and subscriber behavior
DPI ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Infonetics clients are invited to join analyst Shira Levine live or on-demand Oct. 23 at 11:00 AM EDT for a DPI market outlook. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=850.
Infonetics' biannual DPI report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for deep packet inspection products used in wireless and fixed-line service provider networks. Companies tracked: Allot, Arbor, Cisco, Huawei, Procera, Qosmos, Sandvine, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- NFV with SDN Service Chaining for Quickest New Revenue (Dec. 11: Attend)
- Assessing Your Assets: Leveraging Analytics for Network Optimization (View on-demand)
- Network Control, Cloud, and SDN: What Role Will the PCRF Play? (View on-demand)
- Striking Gold with Subscriber Analytics (Feb. 2015: Sponsor)
- Harnessing the Power of Big Data and Analytics (May 2015: Sponsor)
- Policy Management and SDM in an LTE World (2015: Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See our job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #