Campbell, CALIFORNIA, January 12, 2015—Infonetics Research, a technology market research firm, today released excerpts from its latest Global Telecom and Datacom Market Trends and Drivers report. In the report, Infonetics, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), analyzes global and regional market trends and conditions.
“Overall, growth in telecom revenue continues to slow in every geographic region. Europe’s 5 largest service providers—Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telecom Italia, Telefónica, and Vodafone—continue to experience declining revenue, though less pronounced than in the past 3 years. And in North America, AT&T and Verizon have signaled that the mobile services price war started by T-Mobile US is taking a bite,” says Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research.
Co-author of the report Matthias Machowinski, Infonetics’ directing analyst for enterprise networks, adds: “After a weak 2013, enterprise networking and communication revenue growth accelerated in 2014 thanks to a resurging North American market and stepped-up investments in security infrastructure. We expect similar results in 2015, when strong end-user demand in North America and Asia Pac is likely to be offset by a slowdown in Europe.”
TELECOM AND DATACOM MARKET TRENDS
- Macroeconomic indicators point to moderate global economic growth of 3 percent for the full-year 2014 due to persistent weaknesses in the Eurozone and a significant slowdown in Brazil and Russia
- Global mobile service revenue barely budged in the first half of 2014 (1H14), up just 0.5 percent from the same period a year ago, badly dragged by Europe again
- Mobile data services (text messaging and mobile broadband) rose again in every region in 1H14, driven by the increasing usage of smartphones
- Mobile broadband services grew 26 percent year-over-year, enough to offset the decline of SMS revenue
- Key trends affecting the enterprise networking and communication markets include the adoption of cloud services, the use of cloud architectures in enterprise data centers, and security becoming a part of every IT decision
Infonetics’ market drivers report is published twice annually to provide analysis of global and regional market trends and conditions affecting service providers, enterprises, subscribers and the global economy. The report assess the state of the telecom industry, telling the story of what’s going on now and what’s expected in the near and long term, including spending trends, subscriber forecasts, macroeconomic drivers and key economic statistics (e.g., unemployment, OECD indicators, GDP growth). The 40 page report is illustrated with charts, graphs, tables, and written analysis. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 or 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
INFONETICS WEBINARS (www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- Practical Strategies for Fighting Advanced Malware and Threats (Jan. 15: Attend)
- Evolving from Backhaul to Fronthaul with Cloud-RAN (Jan. 27: Attend)
- The Ins and Outs of Cloud DVR (Jan. 29: Attend)
- Optimizing LTE and LTE-A Networks with the Right KPIs (Feb. 5: Attend)
- Migrating IMS to the Cloud with NFV (Feb. 10: Attend)
- Policy Management and SDM in an LTE World (Feb. 17: Attend)
TO BUY RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #