Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, June 19, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2014 (1Q14) Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based videoconferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
“Video conferencing revenue experienced a strong seasonal decline in the first quarter of 2014, but it remains positive on a year-over-year basis. The dedicated systems market continues to struggle as companies look for more cost-effective video solutions. This dynamic is driving the PBX-based video market, which is delivering all market growth,” says Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
- The worldwide enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence market was dealt a strong seasonal blow in 1Q4 and is down 22% sequentially
- Demand for videoconferencing capabilities remains strong, but buyers’ preferences for less costly personal systems is slowing revenue growth
- Sales of PBX-based systems are up 32% in 1Q14 from the year-ago 1st quarter (1Q13)
- Videophones were once again the fastest-growing segment of the hardware endpoint market, with unit shipments increasing 48% in 1Q14 from the same period a year ago
- Growth in Asia Pacific has been slowing, but it is still poised to become the strongest performing region in 2014
- Infonetics projects global enterprise telepresence and video conferencing revenue to grow in the single digits through at least 2017
WIRELESS LAN WEBINAR + FREE 802.11AC ACCESS POINT
Join analyst Matthias Machowinski July 22 10:00 AM Pacific for Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs, to examine new alternatives, from services to software to embedded controllers. Qualified attendees receive a free Aerohive 802.11ac access point. Attend the live event or replay at:
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Matthias Machowinski June 19 at 11:00 AM EDT for his live quarterly video conferencing market update, or view on-demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=923.
VIDEOCONFERENCING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly video conferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya, Cisco, Huawei, LifeSize (Logitech), Microsoft, Polycom, Tely Labs, ZTE, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING ENTERPRISE RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN? (June 19: Attend)
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (July 22: Attend)
- Coherent Optics: Cheaper, Better, Faster (July 24: Attend)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (View on-demand)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #