Campbell, CALIFORNIA, May 30, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released its 1st quarter 2014 (1Q14) Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report, which tracks PBX phone systems, voice over IP gateways, unified communications (UC) applications, and IP phones.
“The enterprise telephony market continues to struggle as businesses hold off new PBX purchases and invest instead in unified communications (UC) applications. Purchase cycles are getting longer, and competitive activity is putting pressure on the market with pricing all over the map,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide PBX revenue (TDM, hybrid, and pure IP) is down 8% in 1Q14 from 1Q13, and down 8% from 4Q13
- Although there are pockets of growth in parts of Europe and South America, along with strength down market, none of it is large enough to lift the overall PBX market
- The unified communications (UC) segment is the lone bright spot, racking up a 27% worldwide revenue increase in 1Q14 from the same period a year ago
- CALA (the Caribbean and Latin America) is the only region to notch positive year-over-year PBX revenue growth in 1Q14, as economic activity picked up in anticipation of
the World Cup
- Cisco, Avaya, and NEC are the PBX market share leaders; Mitel cracked the top 4 as a result of its merger with Aastra
- Microsoft, who leads the UC market, is the only vendor in the enterprise telephony segment to post year-over-year revenue growth in 1Q14
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, join Diane Myers June 9 at noon EDT for her live enterprise telephony market recap and outlook, or view on-demand http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=922.
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY AND UC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for TDM PBXs, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, and IP desk phones and softphones. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Audiocodes, Avaya, Cisco, LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Toshiba, Unify, Yealink, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING VOICE, VIDEO, AND UC RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- How to Get the Best Out of DAS, LTE, Small Cells, and WiFi (June 5: Attend)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Attend)
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN? (June 19: Attend)
- WLAN Control Goes to the Cloud (July 22: Attend)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (View on-demand)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait?(View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #