Campbell, CALIFORNIA, May 1, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest DAS Equipment report, which tracks and forecasts distributed antenna system (DAS) equipment units and revenue by geographic region and category (in-building, outdoor, LTE, multistandard).
DAS ANALYST NOTE
“China Mobile’s shift to TD-LTE again slowed the overall distributed antenna system (DAS) market. At a time when all other major regions were growing significantly, DAS revenue in Asia Pacific declined a steep 12% in 2013,” notes Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research.
"But," continues Téral, "We believe DAS has reached the bottom in China, and there are several DAS projects in various countries that are sustaining the market. Brazil’s largest mobile operators—Vivo, Claro, Oi, TIM, and Nextel—have formed a consortium that’s building DAS in the soccer stadiums that will host the FIFA World Cup in June. And in the U.S., the next wave of DAS installations will be combined with small cell deployments for LTE capacity upgrades. This wave just started last year with a few thousands picocells at AT&T and even fewer microcells and remote radio heads at Verizon Wireless. In both cases, DAS will fill whatever gaps small cells do not address and, therefore, will be complementary.”
DAS EQUIPMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Typical DAS contracts for hardware only (hubs, nodes, remote radio heads, antennas, etc.) now range from $5 to $10 million, compared to just $1 million a few years ago
- Worldwide distributed antenna system (DAS) revenue reached $2 billion in 2013, up 2% over 2012, with a total of 1.2 million DAS nodes shipped
- Growth was driven by North America, where revenue grew 10% year-over-year
- 3 of the 4 DAS market share leaders—CommScope, Corning Mobile, and TE Connectivity—are based in the U.S.
- The global DAS market is forecast by Infonetics to grow at a 3% CAGR from 2013 to 2018, when it will top $2.3 billion, and node unit shipments will pass the 2-million mark
DAS EQUIPMENT REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' biannual DAS equipment report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for distributed antenna system (DAS) equipment. The report tracks DAS node units and DAS revenue by category (in-building, outdoor, LTE, multistandard) and includes a Mobile Operator DAS Strategies Tracker.
The report tracks equipment made by Axell Wireless, Comba Telecom Systems Holdings, CommScope, Corning Mobile Access, Ericsson, JMA Wireless, Kathrein-Werke KG, Optiway, SOLiD Technologies, TE Connectivity, Zinwave, and many others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING BROADBAND FORECAST REPORTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Indoor Wireless Solutions: Technologies, Challenges, and Backhaul (May 6: Attend)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (May 8: Attend)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (May 20: Attend)
- DAS, LTE, Small Cells and WiFi: What's Next (June 5: Attend)
- Cashing in on Service Provider Wi-Fi (View on-demand)
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (View on-demand)
- Service Provider Outsourcing: How Far Will it Go? (July 8: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #