Campbell, CALIFORNIA, May 19, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Mobile M2M Modules report, which provides market share, market size, forecasts, analysis, and trends for mobile machine-to-machine (M2M) modules by technology, vertical, and region.
M2M ANALYST NOTE
“The services built upon mobile machine-to-machine (M2M) modules, such as fleet management and connected car, are already a sizeable business and are growing much faster than traditional business lines. We look for the market to accelerate beginning in 2015 as M2M services inflect and module sales shift toward higher-ARPU 3G and 4G systems, ultimately just about doubling to
$2.9 billion in 2018,” notes Godfrey Chua, directing analyst for M2M and The Internet of Things at Infonetics Research.
MOBILE M2M MODULE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- For the full year 2013, the global mobile machine-to-machine (M2M) module market totaled $1.4 billion, up 6% from the previous year
- 2G remains a key foundation, comprising the majority of units shipped in 2013, though with the shift toward broadband technologies, Infonetics expects 3G to grow to 67% of mobile M2M module revenue by 2018
- LTE is the most dynamic and fastest-growing technology segment, with a 2013–2018 compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of a very robust 144%
- North America and Europe are the key centers of mobile M2M module growth, but buoyed by significant investments in China, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore, Asia Pacific is catching up and is expected to account for a third of total revenue by 2018
- Sierra Wireless, Gemalto/Cinterion, and Telit dominate the M2M module space, together accounting for nearly two-thirds of total market revenue, with a combined total of almost a billion dollars in module sales
- Chinese vendors Huawei and ZTE are rising and creating intense pricing pressure in emerging markets in Asia and other parts of the world
M2M / INTERNET OF THINGS WEBINAR
Join analyst Godfrey Chua Tuesday, May 20 for a free webinar, The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT, examining how SDPs enable innovative M2M applications. Learn more at http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=784573&s=1&k=C2AB100CE6CFF27D960122D6B7595AF5.
M2M / IOT ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, join Godfrey Chua April 29 at noon AM EDT for his latest M2M module market update, or view on-demand. Log in for password: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=802.
M2M REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' mobile M2M modules report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for mobile M2M modules (units, revenue, ARPU) by technology (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, CDMA2000/EV-DO, W-CDMA/HSPA, LTE, WiMAX) and vertical (utilities/smart grid, automotive/transport/logistics, security/surveillance, retail/vending, healthcare, other). Companies tracked: Gemalto/Cinterion, Sierra Wireless, Telit, Huawei, ZTE, and others.
The report includes a customer wins tracker with updates on activity by equipment manufacturers including Gemalto/Cinterion, Novatel Wireless, Quake Global, Sierra Wireless, Telit, and U-Blox. Service providers and enterprises noted include Aeris, Nex-Tech Wireless, SK Telecom, and Sprint. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING M2M/IOT MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (May 20: Attend)
- Unlocking Revenues with Carrier Ethernet 2.0 Wholesale E-Access (May 29: Attend)
- How to Get the Best Out of DAS, LTE, Small Cells, and WiFi (June 5: Attend)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Attend)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers & How to Mitigate It (View on-demand)
- Indoor Wireless Solutions: Technologies, Challenges & Backhaul (View on-demand)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (View on-demand)
- How Connected Cars Drive Revenue for M2M Service Providers (Sponsor)
- The Role of Policy & Charging in M2M (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #