Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 25, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Mobile Device Security Client Software report, which tracks enterprise and consumer security client software for mobile devices.
“The triple threat of bring-your-own-device (BYOD) as a dominant enterprise trend, an increasingly hostile threat environment, and the deluge of frightening revelations about privacy courtesy of the NSA is forcing enterprises and consumers to invest real money in mobile device security. The mobile device security software market grew 40% to cross the billion-dollar mark in 2013 and we expect it to grow to $3.4 billion in 2018,” says Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
MOBILE SECURITY CLIENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide revenue for mobile device security client software is up 10% sequentially in 4Q13, to $385 million
- Asia Pacific accounted for 34% of security client revenue in 2013, followed closely by North America (32%) and EMEA (31%); Latin America came in a very distant fourth
- Though North America greatly lags behind EMEA and Asia Pacific in total smartphone shipments, it has strong security client adoption relative to the other regions
- In 2013, enterprise mobile clients comprised 51% of the total security client market, while consumer mobile security clients made up 49%
DDOS SECURITY WEBINAR
Join analyst Jeff Wilson April 29 for New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools, a live event on the new types of DDoS attacks and how to protect networks from DNS amplification attacks. Learn more and register at: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=767644&s=1&k=131C5EA91C89A93D9B37C1F9614A049E
MOBILE SECURITY ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to view on-demand Jeff Wilson’s mobile security market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=899.
MOBILE SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual mobile security client report provides regional and worldwide market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for the enterprise and consumer mobile device security client software markets. The report tracks revenue, licenses, and revenue per license by quarter. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY MARKET FORECASTS AND SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools (Apr. 29: Attend)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers & How to Mitigate It (View on-demand)
- Indoor Wireless Solutions: Technologies, Challenges, and Backhaul (May 6: Attend)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (May 8: Attend)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (May 20: Attend)
- DAS, LTE, Small Cells and WiFi: What's Next (May 22: Attend)
- Protecting Infrastructure Control Systems from Cyber Attacks (Aug. 14: Sponsor)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (View on-demand)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (View on-demand)
- Redefining Network Security Performance: The Speed You Really Need (View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #