Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, February 25, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Service Delivery Platform Software and Services report, which tracks the mobile and fixed-line service delivery platform (SDP) software and services that operators use to create and deliver services to their subscribers.
“We’re seeing a pronounced difference in SDP spending trends in mature markets versus emerging markets, with operators in more mature markets focusing more on service layer transformation as they migrate to IMS over LTE and on business-to-business and enterprise services, while operators in developing regions continue to chase the consumer opportunity,” reports Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
“Service exposure remains a key investment area in both mature and emerging markets, albeit for different purposes,” continues Levine. “Service providers in North America and Western Europe are leveraging network APIs to target opportunities such as M2M (machine-to-machine), while their counterparts in Africa, the Middle East, and developing Asia are implementing API exposure strategies as part of their consumer apps strategies.”
SDP MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global service delivery platform (SDP) market, including software and services, grew 15% in 2013 to $4.2 billion, led by growth in the services segment
- Wireless network spending continues to make up the bulk of SDP revenue
- Huawei and Ericsson are the overall SDP revenue market share leaders; broken down by segment, Oracle is top dog in SDP software, while Huawei is #1 in SDP services
- Though smaller players continue to dot the SDP vendor landscape, particularly in the services arena, Infonetics believes that Ericsson, Huawei, and Oracle will dominate for the foreseeable future
- Infonetics projects the SDP software and services market to grow at a 9% CAGR from 2013 to 2018, when it is forecast to hit $6.3 billion worldwide, driven by mobile deployments
SDP CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Shira Levine February 20 at noon ET for a live SDP market recap and outlook, or view on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=847.
SDP REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ annual SDP software and services report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for wireless and fixed-line SDP components and services by network and service types. Vendors tracked: Accenture, Aepona, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, IBM, Layer 7, Oracle, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Managing and Monetizing APIs (Apr. 3: Attend)
- Adding Value to the Network with Integrated Policy and Charging (View on-demand)
- Monetizing Subscriber Data to Drive Big Revenue (View on-demand)
- Incorporating Policy and Charging Control into SDNs (June: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #