Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 22, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its latest Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products report, which tracks deep packet inspection (DPI) software solutions and related hardware deployed in wireless and fixed-line networks.
DPI ANALYST NOTE
“The deep packet inspection (DPI) market, particularly the mobile opportunity, remains a dynamic one, with momentum driven by not only basic traffic management requirements, but also by the need to support new pricing and service offerings,” says Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
“As this occurs,” Levine continues, “We’re seeing continued interest in embedding DPI functionality in applications such as security, video optimization, and revenue and service assurance, which is driving demand for embedded solutions that provide advanced packet classification, such as Qosmos’ ixEngine and Procera’s NAVL.”
DPI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Operator spending on deep packet inspection (DPI) solutions grew 23% to $728 million in 2013, and is forecast by Infonetics to top $2 billion in 2018
- Sandvine leads 2013 DPI market share, buoyed by a surge of new customers and a number of follow-on orders; Allot, Cisco, and Procera round out the top 4
- Due to recent legal developments, net neutrality is now less of an issue in the U.S., but it remains a barrier to DPI investment in other markets, especially the European Union, which prohibits preferential treatment and bars traffic blocking and throttling
- Virtualization holds the potential to significantly change DPI deployment strategies over time, enabling DPI technology to be deployed more cost-effectively throughout the network
DPI ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Shira Levine April 30 at noon EDT for her latest DPI market recap and outlook, or view on demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=850.
DPI REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual DPI report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for deep packet inspection products used in wireless and fixed-line service provider networks. Companies tracked: Allot, Arbor, Cisco, Huawei, Procera, Qosmos, Sandvine, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools (Apr. 29: Attend)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (May 8: Attend)
- Monetizing APIs: Market Trends, Use Cases, and Reality Check (View on-demand)
- Adding Value to the Network with Integrated Policy and Charging (View on-demand)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M (May 20: Sponsor)
- Incorporating Policy and Charging Control into SDNs (June 17: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #