Campbell, CALIFORNIA, April 14, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers report, which tracks service providers and their voice over IP (VoIP) and unified communications (UC) services revenue and subscribers.
“Business VoIP services have moved well beyond early stages to mainstream, strengthened by the growing adoption of SIP trunking and cloud services worldwide. Hosted unified communications are seeing strong interest up market as mid-market and larger enterprises evaluate and move more applications to the cloud, and this is positively impacting the market,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
VOIP AND UC SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global business and residential VoIP services market grew 8% in 2013 from 2012, to $68 billion
- SIP trunking shot up 50% in 2013 from the prior year, driven predominantly by activity in North America; EMEA is expected to be a strong contributor in 2014
- Sales of hosted PBX and unified communication (UC) services rose 13% in 2013 over 2012, and seats grew 35% due to continued demand for enterprise cloud-based services
- Global residential VoIP subscribers totaled 212 million in 2013, up 8% year-over-year
- Managed services are benefitting from the continued adoption of IP PBXs: Roughly 10%–20% of new IP PBX lines sold are part of a managed service or outsourced contract
- Infonetics expects continued strong worldwide growth in VoIP services revenue through 2018, when it will reach $88 billion
WEBINAR: IMS IN THE CLOUD WITH NFV
Join analyst Diane Myers April 16 for Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV, a live event that investigates the benefits of using IMS to leverage the cloud to achieve network scalability, cost, and flexibility, as well as how network functions virtualization (NFV) enables innovation:
VOIP ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Diane Myers April 15 at noon EDT for her live VoIP and UC services market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=925.
VOIP AND UC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' annual VoIP and unified communications report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for residential and business VoIP and UC services and subscribers. The report also includes a Hosted PBX/UC Tracker highlighting deployments by service provider, region, and vendor platform. Residential VoIP providers in the report include AT&T, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Embratel, Iliad, J:Com, Kabel Deutschland, KDDI, KPN, KT, LG Uplus, Liberty Global, NTT, ONO, Orange, Rogers, SFR, Shaw Communications, SK Broadband, Sky, SoftBank, TalkTalk, Telecom Italia, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, Vonage, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT & UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (Apr. 16: Attend)
- New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools (Apr. 29: Attend)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (May 8: Attend)
- WebRTC: Compelling Service or Competitive Threat? (View on-demand)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #