Campbell, CALIFORNIA, September 8, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Enterprise Session Border Controllers market share, size, and forecasts report, which tracks eSBC session shipments and vendor revenue.
“Enterprise session border controllers (SBCs) are gaining acceptance worldwide and are growing at a fast clip, mainly driven by medium and large businesses deploying Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunking services as a way of consolidating, centralizing, and increasing the utilization of their trunking infrastructure,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers continues: “SBCs are being positively impacted by the growth in SIP trunking and the increased migration of businesses to IP PBXs.”
ENTERPRISE SBC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The worldwide enterprise session border controller (eSBC) market reached $65 million in 2Q14, growing 8% from 1Q14
- The primary region for eSBCs is North America, which accounted for three-fourths of total sales in 2Q14
- In 2Q14, businesses with 101–5,000 employees comprised 72% of eSBC shipments
- Audiocodes, Cisco, Oracle, and Sonus (in alphabetical order) form the top tier of eSBC vendors in 2Q14
- Edgewater and Ingate are just behind this top group
- Audiocodes had the strongest 2Q of any eSBC vendor thanks to a 35% sequential revenue gain that gave it a nice bump in share
- Infonetics expects a cumulative $1.6 billion to be spent worldwide on eSBC equipment over the 5 years from 2014 to 2018, a 7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR)
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join analyst Diane Myers Sept. 11 at noon EDT for her quarterly eSBC market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=924.
eSBC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise SBC report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for enterprise SBC revenue and sessions by system and business size in North America, EMEA, Asia Pacific, and CALA. Companies tracked: Adtran, Alcatel-Lucent, AudioCodes, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, Edgewater, Ingate, InnoMedia, OneAccess, Oracle, Sonus Networks, Unify, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING VOICE, VIDEO, AND UC RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Simplifying Networks with Centralized Signaling and Routing (Sept. 9: Register)
- Network Control, Cloud, and SDN: What Role Will the PCRF Play? (Sept. 10: Register)
- The Role of NFV in Mobile Networks (Sept. 25: Register)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #