Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, September 18, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based videoconferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
“Demand for videoconferencing capabilities remains strong as evidenced by the growth in endpoint shipments, but there are several shifts in the market that keep down revenue growth, from high-cost to low-cost hardware endpoints, from hardware to software, and from infrastructure to services,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
2Q14 VIDEOCONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global enterprise video conferencing and telepresence market totaled $752 million in 2Q14, up 5% sequentially, and up 2% from the year-ago quarter
- Endpoint shipments increased 66% in 2Q14 from 2Q13, to 4.4 million, owing to growth in software sales
- The dedicated system segment struggled again in 2Q14 due to pricing pressures and a shift to lower-cost endpoints; however, the rate of decline is stabilizing
- PBX-based video conferencing continues to drive all market growth, up 29% year-over-year in 2Q14
- EMEA and Asia are the top-performing regions for videoconferencing equipment in 2Q14
- Infonetics expects the worldwide enterprise telepresence and video conferencing market to grow to $3.3 billion in 2018
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Matthias Machowinski Sept. 18 at noon EDT for his live videoconferencing market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=923.
VIDEOCONFERENCING REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly video conferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya, Cisco, Huawei, LifeSize (Logitech), Microsoft, Polycom, Tely Labs, ZTE, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
CLOUD WAN WEBINAR
Join analyst Matthias Machowinski Oct. 21 at 11:00 A.M. EDT for Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud Ready, an event examining WAN issues to consider before deploying new cloud applications to avoid unwelcome surprises. Register to attend live or access the replay at:
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (View on-demand)
- New Architectures Driving Cable Broadband Networks (Oct. 7: Attend)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Oct. 21: Attend)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See our job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: Iyassu Soquar, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3397
- Greater China, SE Asia: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, email@example.com, +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org, +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #