Campbell, CALIFORNIA, August 22, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report, which tracks PBX phone systems, voice over IP gateways, unified communications (UC) applications, and IP phones.
“The trends we reported on the enterprise telephony market in the first quarter of 2014 carried over into the second quarter, with the PBX market continuing to take hits as businesses evaluate cloud alternatives and hold onto existing solutions while investing in unified communications (UC) applications,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers continues: “UC applications once again proved their resiliency, with worldwide revenue increasing 31% in the second quarter of 2014 over the year-ago quarter as the demand for tools to provide increased productivity and employee flexibility continues to fuel growth.”
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, PBX revenue (TDM, hybrid, pure IP) sank 6% year-over-year in 2Q14 and is nearly flat (-1%) sequentially
- Enterprise spending remains conservative overall, with low priority being given to telephony upgrades and expansion on the premises side
- 2Q14 PBX line shipments are down 3% from the year-ago quarter
- Unit shipments of IP deskphones grew 4% in 2Q14 from 1Q14
- Asia Pacific posted solid year-over-year PBX revenue growth in 2Q14, while North America had the toughest quarter of any region
- The leading vendor in the unified communications (UC) market, Microsoft, continues to grow on the telephony front and was 1 of only 3 vendors to post year-over-year PBX revenue growth (+4%) in 2Q14
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, join Diane Myers Sept. 8 at 11:30 AM EDT for her live enterprise telephony market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=922.
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY AND UC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for TDM PBXs, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, and IP desk phones and softphones. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Audiocodes, Avaya, Cisco, Ericsson-LG Enterprise, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Toshiba, Unify, Yealink, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics is hiring analysts. See job postings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING VOICE, VIDEO, AND UC RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Making Your Network Run Hotter With SDN (Sept. 4: Register)
- Simplifying Networks with Centralized Signaling and Routing (Sept. 9: Register)
- Network Control, Cloud, and SDN: What Role Will the PCRF Play? (Sept. 10: Register)
- The Role of NFV in Mobile Networks (Sept. 25: Register)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (Sponsorships available)
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #