Campbell, CALIFORNIA, September 9, 2014—Telecom market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2nd quarter 2014 (2Q14) Network Security Appliances and Software report, which tracks integrated security appliances, secure routers, SSL VPN gateways, VPN and firewall software, and intrusion detection and prevention products.
SECURITY ANALYST NOTE
“The network security market saw a change in leadership for the first time in a very long time, with Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks each moving up a notch among the top five vendors, now in the third and fourth positions, respectively,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
Wilson adds: “Given the current climate in security, we look for more changes or even some consolidation, with Check Point, Cisco, Dell SonicWall, Fortinet, Juniper, McAfee, and Palo Alto battling it out for share.”
2Q14 NETWORK SECURITY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Worldwide network security appliance and software revenue came off a seasonal 1st quarter lull to post fairly typical 2nd quarter growth: the market is up 4% sequentially in 2Q14,
to $1.6 billion
- Year-over-year growth in the network security market also hit 4% in 2Q14
- Integrated security—appliances, software, and SSL VPN products—made up 83% of total network security revenue in 2Q14, with the majority coming from appliances
- Intrusion detection systems (IDSs) and intrusion prevention systems (IPSs), meanwhile, represented 17% of overall revenue
SECURITY ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Jeff Wilson Sept. 10 at 12:30 P.M. EDT for his quarterly network security market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=897.
NETWORK SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly network security report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for integrated security appliances, secure routers, SSL VPN gateways, VPN and firewall software, and IDS/IPS products. Vendors tracked: Array Networks, CA, Check Point, Cisco, Citrix, D-Link, Dell SonicWall, Extreme Networks, eSoft, F5, Fortinet, GTA, HP, Huawei, ISS, Juniper, McAfee, NetASQ, Palo Alto Networks, WatchGuard, ZyXel, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT & UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Respond Faster to Security Threats and Breaches (View on-demand)
- Making Your Network Run Hotter With SDN (View on-demand)
- Simplifying Networks with Centralized Signaling and Routing (View on-demand)
- Practical Strategies for Fighting Advanced Malware and Threats (Sponsor)
- Using Next-Gen Security Appliances to Consolidate Security Strategies (Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See our job openings here.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, email@example.com, +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org, +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #