Campbell, CALIFORNIA, November 24, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and forecasts from its 3rd quarter 2014 (3Q14) Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report. (Full analysis published Dec. 2.)
“The enterprise telephony market continues to struggle as businesses hold off new PBX purchases. Companies are evaluating cloud alternatives and investing in unified communications (UC) applications instead of PBXs, and purchase cycles are getting longer,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “There is competitive pressure as well, but not as much as in the past.”
Myers adds: “North America again had the toughest quarter of all the regions, with a double digit decline from the year-ago third quarter.”
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The worldwide PBX market—including TDM, hybrid, and pure IP—dipped 7% year-over-year in 3Q14, but is up 5% sequentially
- In 3Q14, PBX license shipments are down 2% from 3Q13
- The Asia Pacific region typically posts growth in Q3, and it didn’t disappoint, notching a double-digit revenue gain in 3Q14 from a year ago
- Cisco, Avaya, NEC and Mitel lead the combined PBX and unified communications market in 3Q14 by global revenue
- UC applications continue on a steady upward trajectory, rising 21% in 3Q14 from 3Q13
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Infonetics clients are invited to join Diane Myers live or on-demand Dec. 16 at 12:30 PM ET for an enterprise telephony market outlook. For passwordwww.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=922.
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY AND UC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for TDM PBXs, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, and IP desk phones and softphones. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Audiocodes, Avaya, Cisco, Ericsson-LG Enterprise, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Toshiba, Unify, Yealink, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Rethinking Secure Mobile Access to the Enterprise (Dec. 17: Attend)
- Protecting Your Organization from DNS Security Threats (View on-demand)
- WebRTC as a Complement to UC Deployments (2015: Sponsor)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (2015: Sponsor)
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts. See job openings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song, firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #