Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, March 20, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 4th quarter (4Q13) and year-end Enterprise Telepresence and Video Conferencing Equipment report, which tracks dedicated and PBX-based videoconferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints.
“Demand for video capabilities is at an all-time high, but businesses’ willingness to spend isn’t, causing a shift from high-end telepresence suites and multipurpose room systems to lower-cost software and videophones for personal videoconferencing,” says Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research. “This, along with lower selling prices due to competition, is hampering a more robust recovery in the videoconferencing market.”
TELEPRESENCE AND VIDEOCONFERENCING MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Following a flat 2012, the global enterprise telepresence and videoconferencing market returned to growth in 2013, up 5% year-over-year, to $3.2 billion
- Videophones are the fastest growing segment of the hardware endpoint market: Shipments doubled again in 2013, easily passing the 1-million-unit mark
- Sales of immersive telepresence systems have fallen sharply since 2011, but appear to have reached a bottom in 2013 and even grew slightly in the second half of the year (2H13)
- Asia Pacific and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) were the key growth regions in 2013, both up 8%, while North America was down 2%
- Infonetics forecasts worldwide enterprise videoconferencing and telepresence revenue to grow at a 3% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2013 to 2018
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Matthias Machowinski Mar. 25 at 11:00 AM ET for his quarterly video conferencing market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: http://bit.ly/1f9OLP9
Infonetics’ quarterly video conferencing report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for dedicated and PBX-based video conferencing and telepresence infrastructure and endpoints (desktop, telepresence, videophones, multipurpose rooms, software). Vendors tracked: Avaya, Cisco, Huawei, LifeSize (Logitech), Microsoft, Polycom, Radvision, Tely Labs, ZTE, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
Join Matthias Machowinski Mar. 27 for The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait?, an event discussing the pros and cons of upgrading now vs. waiting for second-gen products:
RECENT AND UPCOMING VOICE/VIDEO/UC RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (Mar. 20: Attend)
- Virtualizing Networks with SDN NVOs and Bare Metal Switches (Mar. 25: Attend)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (Mar. 27: Attend)
- WebRTC: Compelling Service or Competitive Threat? (View on-demand)
- WLAN Control Goes to the Cloud (May 15: Attend)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (2H14: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #