Campbell, CALIFORNIA, February 25, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and preliminary analysis from its 4th quarter 2013 (4Q13) and year-end Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report. (Full report published by March 4.)
“It isn’t revenue growth or big shifts in market share that are making news in the enterprise telephony market – it’s shake-ups in the vendor landscape. Of note is Mitel’s merger with Aastra, which will make the joined company a top-5 vendor,” says Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Meanwhile, Alcatel-Lucent finally found a buyer for its enterprise business in Chinese private equity firm China Huaxin, and Siemens changed its name to Unify and is going through a complete management overhaul.”
Myers continues: “We expect 2014 will bring further vendor shakeups. The market’s too tight to maintain the number of vendors in existence right now.”
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY & UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global enterprise PBX market—including TDM, hybrid, and pure IP—totaled $7.4 billion in 2013, down 9% from 2012, and down 9% from the year-ago 4th quarter
- Eating into growth is the move to cloud-based PBX and unified communications (UC) services
- Unified communications applications continue to be the most resilient segment, with a combined 31% worldwide revenue increase in 2013
- None of the major geographical regions posted full-year 2013 revenue growth for PBX, but CALA (Caribbean and Latin America) is up 28% in 4Q13 from 4Q12, lifted by activity in Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil
- Cisco leads the PBX market with 26% worldwide revenue share in 2013, followed by Avaya at 21%
- Microsoft leads the unified communications segment with 43% revenue share in 2013
- Infonetics forecasts the unified communications segment to grow at a 7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2014 to 2018
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients, join Diane Myers March 13 at noon ET for a live enterprise telephony market update, or view on demand. Log in for password: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=922.
ABOUT THE REPORT
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBXs by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, IP desk phones and softphones. Vendors tracked: Aastra, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, ShoreTel, Toshiba, Unify, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT & UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (April 10: Learn more)
- Using SDN to Optimize the Corporate Network (Mar. 13: Learn more)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (Mar. 27: Learn more)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV for Unlimited Scalability (April 16: Learn more)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (View on-demand)
- WebRTC: Compelling Service or Competitive Threat? (View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #