Campbell, CALIFORNIA, August 13, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Business Cloud VoIP and UC Services market size and forecasts report, which tracks hosted PBX and unified communications (UC) revenue and seats.
“While sales of premises-based PBX systems have been stagnant to declining over the past few years, the market for cloud services continues to expand with businesses worldwide seeking out hosted alternatives,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers continues: “Hosted services seats grew more than 20 percent worldwide in 2013.”
BUSINESS CLOUD VOIP AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Hosted PBX and unified communications (UC) services are a growth market that has moved well beyond early stages, with revenue on track to grow 13% this year and positive activity in every major geographic region
- The biggest challenges for businesses evaluating hosted solutions are the wide variety of options available and inconsistent billing structures across the industry
- Hosted VoIP services have hit their stride, experiencing broad adoption among small, medium, and large enterprises
- Interest from large enterprises in hosted VoIP services is escalating, with more companies evaluating and choosing providers
- The competitive landscape for business services is highly fragmented, with an increasing number of PBX and unified communications vendors, enterprise agents, system integrators, and resellers expanding into the market along with traditional service providers
- Vendors are pitching hosted PBX and UC services alongside SIP trunking as more multi-site businesses need hybrid solutions
- Infonetics expects continued strong worldwide growth for the cloud PBX and UC market over the next 5 years, projecting it will reach $12 billion in 2018 with 62.6 million seats in service
ABOUT THE REPORT
Infonetics’ annual business cloud VoIP and UC services report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for hosted PBX (IP Centrex and hosted VoIP/IP PBX services) and unified communications telephony and applications revenue, seats, and ARPU. The report includes a Hosted PBX/UC Tracker highlighting deployments by region, service provider, and vendor platform. Service providers in the report include 8X8, AT&T, Avaya, BT, CenturyLink, Charter, Comcast, Cox, IntelePeer, Korea Telecom, Masergy, Mitel, Orange, RingCentral, Samsung Networks, ShoreTel, Sprint, Star2Star, TDS, Telecom Argentina, Telenor, Telstra, Telus, Verizon, Vodafone, Vonage, Windstream, XO, and many others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to join Diane Myers August 20 at 12:30 PM EDT for her business cloud market recap and outlook, or view on-demand: https://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=926.
NEWS AND REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING ENTERPRISE RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Making Your Network Run Hotter With SDN (Sept. 4: Register)
- Simplifying Networks with Centralized Signaling and Routing (Sept. 9: Register)
- Network Control and SDN: What Role Will the RCRF Play? (Sept. 10: Register)
- The Role of NFV in Mobile Networks (Sept. 25: Learn More)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #