Campbell, CALIFORNIA (February 3, 2015) — Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), conducted in-depth surveys with service providers around the world about their cloud service plans and learned that 82 percent plan to offer hybrid cloud CaaS (cloud-as-a-service) by 2016.
Infonetics interviewed pure-play cloud service providers and incumbent, competitive and mobile operators for its latest study, Cloud Service Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey, which examines all types of off-premises cloud services, including infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), cloud-as-a-service (CaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and software-as-a-service (SaaS).
“Cloud service providers are catching the hybrid cloud CaaS wave, an emerging market where we can expect lots of innovation as the introduction of new IaaS and SaaS off-premises cloud services begin to wane,” Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., directing analyst for data center, cloud, and SDN at Infonetics Research, said.
“Cloud providers’ top challenges are non-technical: Meeting customer concerns about loss of control over private data, and helping customers overcome resistance to procedural change or understand how to take advantage of off-premises cloud services,” Grossner said.
CLOUD SERVICE SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- A large majority of providers surveyed indicate security is a top customer concern when adopting cloud services
- Infonetics continues to see a disconnect on public cloud CaaS: Cloud service providers (CSPs) continue to invest in public cloud CaaS, while CaaS-using enterprises are signaling a shift from public cloud to private and hybrid cloud architectures
- Key go-to-market strategies for cloud service providers include offering a comprehensive range of services and bundling off-premises cloud services with network connectivity
CLOUD SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 32-page cloud service strategies survey, Infonetics interviewed operators in North America, EMEA and Asia Pacific about their deployment of off-premises cloud services and plans for evolving their cloud services offerings over the next two years. The study provides insights into operators’ target market segments and verticals, go-to-market strategies, challenges, and cloud service offerings by type (IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, SaaS). To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING DATA CENTER AND CLOUD RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 or 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
INFONETICS WEBINARS (https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- Migrating IMS to the Cloud with NFV (Feb. 10: Attend)
- Evolving from Backhaul to Fronthaul with Cloud-RAN (Watch Now)
- The Ins and Outs of Cloud DVR (Watch Now)
- Data Center Orchestration: Open Source or Proprietary? (Mar. 10: Sponsor)
TO BUY RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #