Campbell, CALIFORNIA, March 20, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Cloud and CPE Managed Security Services report, which analyzes and forecasts the market for cloud- and customer premises equipment (CPE)-based security services delivered by service providers to small, medium, and large businesses.
“The never-ending stream of highly-publicized distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks is causing companies of all types and sizes to begin investigating DDoS protection, and for many this protection will come in the form of hosted or cloud-based services like those provided by Prolexic and Verisign,” notes Jeff Wilson, principal analyst for security at Infonetics Research.
“General interest in this space was very much validated when Akamai picked up Prolexic in 2013,” Wilson continues. “We believe cloud-based DDoS mitigation services will grow the fastest of any service covered in our managed security report.”
MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, the managed security service market totaled $14.3 billion in 2013, up 11% from 2012 (which was up 11% over 2011)
- 56% of 2013 security service revenue came from CPE-based services, while cloud-based offerings contributed 44%
- Content security services account for almost half of all cloud-based security service sales
- Large organizations represent the largest opportunity for security services through 2018
- The cloud-based security service segment is forecast by Infonetics to grow 60% over the next 5 years (2013–2018), reaching $10 billion in 2018
SECURITY ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients, log in to view on-demand analyst Jeff Wilson’s managed security market recap and outlook: http://www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=905.
Join analyst Jeff Wilson Mar. 20 at 11:00 a.m. EDT for Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence, a live primer for enterprises and service providers looking to use big data to detect, mitigate, and prevent malicious attacks:
MANAGED SECURITY REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ annual cloud and CPE security report provides market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for cloud and CPE managed security services by organization size and technology: managed firewalls, content security, intrusion prevention and detection systems, DDoS mitigation, and other services. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING SECURITY RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (Mar. 20: Attend)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers and How to Mitigate It (Apr. 2: Attend)
- Redefining Network Security Performance: The Speed You Really Need (View on-demand)
- DDoS Mitigation Strategies: What's Next (June 10: Sponsor)
- Protecting Infrastructure Control Systems from Cyber Attacks (Aug. 14: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT SALES:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #