Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, April 23, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its Data Center and Campus Ethernet Switch Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which examines buyers’ views of Ethernet switch vendors and provides insights into purchase plans and criteria.
“Cisco is the established incumbent in the Ethernet switch market and will be for years to come, but our latest Ethernet switch survey shows positive momentum for HP,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
“HP had a solid second place showing and ranked high with enterprise buyers in current installations, vendor perception, and future purchase considerations. Most important, HP had the highest rise in evaluations for new deployments,” continues Machowinski.
ETHERNET SWITCH SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Cisco, the most widely deployed Ethernet switch vendor by far, scores high on all buying criteria
- Survey respondents give HP high marks for service and support, technology innovation, and value proposition
- Huawei is slowly but surely starting to show up in Infonetics’ end-user surveys despite being slowed by protectionism in the U.S. market
- Respondent organizations have healthy expansion plans for their networks, expecting deployed ports to grow over 10% by next year
- Reliability, technology innovation, and service and support are the most important criteria to buyers when selecting Ethernet switch vendors
- The most common reasons respondents cite for changing vendors are reliability problems, lack of value, and major network refreshes or architectural changes
ABOUT INFONETICS’ ETHERNET SWITCH SURVEY
For its 23-page data center and campus Ethernet switch survey, Infonetics interviewed purchase-decision makers at 157 North American organizations that have deployed Ethernet switches in their campus or data center networks and have at least 100 employees. The study covers enterprises’ Ethernet switch deployment plans, equipment and service expenditures, ratings of leading Ethernet switch vendors, and the criteria most important when selecting an Ethernet switch manufacturer. Vendors examined include Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Enterasys, Extreme, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Netgear, and others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT && UPCOMING MARKET FORECASTS & SURVEYS
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- New DNS-based DDoS Attacks Demand Advanced Mitigation Tools (Apr. 29: Attend)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (May 8: Attend)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (View on-demand)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (View on-demand)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #