Boston, MASSACHUSETTS, June 30, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Network Equipment Spending and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ top networking initiatives, budget priorities and growth, investment drivers and barriers, and vendor preferences.
“Our just-finished survey on network equipment spending indicates the outlook for network equipment is healthy. Enterprises are expecting double-digit growth in their expenditures this year and next. How they are spending their budgets is changing, and allocations towards wireless LAN, network monitoring, and switches are growing. Greater spending on branch office infrastructure is also anticipated, a sign of confidence in continued economic expansion,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research.
Machowinski adds: “One of the most interesting findings is that cloud has emerged as the number-1 networking initiative over the next 12 months. Companies are embracing the cloud in a services model as well as building their own cloud-architected data centers, and this means upgrades to network infrastructure.”
NETWORK EQUIPMENT SPENDING SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- Respondent companies spent, on average, over $1.1 million on networking equipment in 2013, and they expect to increase spending by 19% this year
- Wireless LAN (WLAN) budget allocations are on the rise among those surveyed, becoming the #2 investment area for 2014
- The economic outlook for North America is positive and companies are looking to capitalize on new opportunities, leading to an expenditure shift from headquarters to branch offices
- Around 3/4 of respondents consider Cisco the top network equipment vendor, an even better showing than in Infonetics survey last year
- Juniper has made major gains from last year, moving up 3 positions in respondent ratings
WIRELESS LAN WEBINAR + FREE 802.11AC ACCESS POINT
Join analyst Matthias Machowinski July 22 at 10:00 AM Pacific or on-demand for Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs, to examine new alternatives, from services to software to embedded controllers. Qualified attendees receive a free Aerohive 802.11ac access point:
ABOUT THE SURVEY
For its 27-page network equipment spending survey, Infonetics interviewed 207 North American organizations that have at least 100 employees about their networking equipment, plans, and purchase considerations over the next two years. The survey provides insights into networking initiatives, budget priorities and growth, investment drivers and barriers, and vendor preferences. Vendors named in the survey include Alcatel-Lucent, Apple, Aruba, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, D-Link, Dell, Extreme/Enterasys, HP, Huawei, IBM, Juniper, Linksys, Microsoft, Motorola, Oracle, Netgear, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING ENTERPRISE RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Gigabit Broadband Primer for Telcos and Cable Operators (July 16: Attend)
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (July 22: Attend)
- Coherent Optics: Cheaper, Better, Faster (July 24: Attend)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #