Campbell, CALIFORNIA, July 24, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its 2014 Enterprise Networking and Communication Vendor Scorecard, which profiles, analyzes, and ranks the 7 leading vendors of enterprise networking, network security, and communication equipment and software worldwide: Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Juniper, and NEC.
The only report of its kind, Infonetics’ scorecard evaluates vendors on criteria using actual data and metrics, such as direct feedback from buyers, vendor market share, share momentum, financials, and solution portfolio. This approach eliminates subjective scoring and ensures vendors are assessed accurately and fairly.
“Cisco dominates the enterprise networking and communication market by a wide margin, due to offering the broadest solution portfolio, receiving positive feedback from enterprises, and capturing significant market share. The battle for second place is raging between Brocade, HP, and Juniper, and each has unique strengths: Brocade has the strongest financials, HP is growing the fastest, and Juniper has experienced the highest improvement in enterprise feedback,” notes Matthias Machowinski, directing analyst for enterprise networks and video at Infonetics Research and lead author of the report.
ENTERPRISE SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- The enterprise networking and communication infrastructure market is highly fragmented, with well over 100 vendors vying for a piece of this US$54 billion market
- Repeating its performance in last year’s scorecard, Cisco once again earned the highest overall score by far, attaining perfect scores in 6 of 7 criteria and even improving on market share momentum
- The battle for 2nd place heated up this year, with Brocade holding on to the #2 spot again thanks to its strong financials, and is followed very closely by HP and Juniper
- HP captured the #1 position for market share momentum
- Juniper ranks among the top 3 vendors for 5 of Infonetics’ scorecard criteria: market share momentum, financials, product reliability, technology innovation, and service and support
- NEC’s #1 position in Japan’s enterprise telephony market helped place it 5th in Infonetics’ 2014 scorecard
Infonetics’ 29-page enterprise vendor scorecard evaluates the leading enterprise networking and communication equipment vendors using criteria that are commonly used by buyers to select vendors, demonstrate success in the marketplace, and position a vendor for success. The matrix rankings are based on 7 criteria including market share; market share momentum; financials; solution breadth; technology innovation; product reliability; and service and support. Companies ranked: Alcatel Lucent, Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Juniper, and NEC. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is hiring analysts, account directors, research, and audience development people. See job postings at www.infonetics.com/jobopp.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING ENTERPRISE RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Respond Faster to Security Events and Breaches (July 29: Attend) - FREE REPORT
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (View on-demand)
- Making the Enterprise WAN Cloud-Ready (Sponsor)
- Securely Connecting Users in an Any Time, Any Place, Any Device World (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #