Campbell, CALIFORNIA (March 2, 2015)—Infonetics Research, a technology market research firm, released excerpts from its latest broadband study, VDSL, G.Fast, and Next-Gen FTTH Strategies and Vendor Leadership Survey.
Infonetics, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), provides insights into the fixed broadband deployment plans of and technologies utilized by global broadband operators, as well as their thoughts on leading broadband equipment vendors.
“For many service providers, growth in broadband revenue has more than offset the losses from declining voice services. Fixed broadband services, driven in part by the growth in online video services, have some of the highest margins of any services. Thus, service providers continue to invest strategically in their fixed broadband networks to increase speeds offered to residential and business customers and to increase the number of additional services they can offer, including multiscreen video, home automation, and home security,” said Jeff Heynen, principal analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research.
BROADBAND SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The percentage of service providers planning to offer an average bandwidth speed of 1 Gigabit (1G) to residential subscribers grows from 15% in 2015 to 40% by 2017
- 66% of subscribers currently access respondents’ broadband networks using copper technologies, while 35% gain entry via fiber; both percentages will move in opposite directions this year
- Citing cost of deployment as a factor, half of respondents either have no plans to deploy or are unsure if they will deploy FTTdp and/or G.fast technologies
- Infonetics’ operator respondents ranked Alcatel-Lucent as the leading DSL equipment manufacturer and ALU and Calix (tie) tops in FTTH gear
BROADBAND ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients: Log in to join analyst Jeff Heynen’s broadband market recap and outlook, live March 6 at 11:00 AM ET or on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=939.
BROADBAND SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 26-page fixed broadband survey, Infonetics interviewed 20 service providers across the globe who deliver fixed broadband access using technologies beyond ADSL/ADSL2+ or plan to by the end of 2015. The study provides insights into broadband access technologies, bandwidth per subscriber, deployment drivers and timing, technical and business concerns, and service provider opinions of vendors. Vendors mentioned include Adtran, Alcatel-Lucent, Calix, Cisco, Huawei, Zhone, ZTE and others. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
BROADBAND VECTORING AND G.FAST WEBINAR
Join analyst Jeff Heynen March 12 at 11:00 AM ET for Fast Gets Faster: Extending Broadband with Vectoring and G.fast, an event exploring FTTdp, VDSL, vectoring and G.fast real-world deployments. Register now.
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #