Campbell, CALIFORNIA, July 31, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 Home Automation and Connected Home Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey, which takes an in-depth look at the latest trends in home automation and connected home services offered via a broadband or mobile connection to the home.
“For vendors of home automation equipment and software, service providers represent a high-growth market. Where home automation services were previously limited to the North American and European markets, service providers around the world—with access to tens of millions of broadband subscribers—are now testing the waters, driven by the desire to increase ARPU,” notes Jeff Heynen, principal analyst for broadband access and pay TV at Infonetics Research.
Adds Heynen: “Vendors will have to ensure their equipment and software can be tied into existing CPE and back-office management systems, and that their products adhere to the stricter guidelines expected by major service providers.”
HOME AUTOMATION AND CONNECTED HOME SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- 79% of operator respondents currently offer home automation services or will do so by the end of 2014, with the remaining 21% planning to offer the services by the end of 2015
- 64% of survey respondents say that increasing ARPU is a driver for deploying home automation services
- In a significant jump from last year’s survey where it ranked 5th, pricing of home automation equipment now heads the list of respondents’ deployment challenges
- Home security and energy management services are seeing early popularity with customers and will be key to expanding to other services around the home
- WiFi is the primary technology for connecting devices in the home
INFONETICS IS HIRING
Infonetics Research is growing. We are hiring an M2M and Internet of Things analyst, Account Director for EMEA and India, research and market analysts, and audience development people. See our job openings here.
For its connected home and automation survey Infonetics interviewed some of the largest service providers in the world by subscribers, capex, and revenue about their plans for deploying home automation and connected home services.
The survey provides an in-depth look at the latest trends in home automation and control, including current deployments, service deployment drivers and challenges, delivery methods, equipment, technologies and protocols, service revenue, expenditures, vendors installed and under evaluation, and top rated home automation equipment suppliers. Vendors named in the survey include: ADT, Alarm.com, Alliance Security, AT&T, Belkin, CentraLite, GE, Honeywell, iControl, Ijenko, Jaco, Kwik, Linear, MiOS, Nest, Netgear, Oplink, Pinnacle Security, Qolsys, Sagemcom, Samsung, Sercomm, SmartHome Ventures, Somfy, Tyco, ViewSonic. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT AND UPCOMING M2M/IOT RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Delivering Gigabit Broadband: A Primer (July 16: Attend) – FREE REPORT
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (July 22: Attend) – FREE 802.11AC AP
- Coherent Optics: Cheaper, Better, Faster (July 24: Attend)
- Respond Faster to Security Events and Breaches (July 29: Attend)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (View on-demand)
- How Connected Cars Drive Revenue for M2M Service Providers (Sponsor)
- Reinventing the Economics of Healthcare with M2M (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
- South Korea: 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' About Us slides.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #