Campbell, CALIFORNIA, May 12, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 North America Business VoIP Service Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top providers in the hosted unified communications (UC) and IP connectivity service markets.
“Always near the top of our hosted VoIP scorecard, 8x8 broke through this year to take the number-1 spot decisively by building on a solid financial position and continued focus on service enhancements and geographic expansion,” reports Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “While 8x8 still serves predominantly small companies, it’s finding more and more success with larger businesses.”
Myers continues: “Meanwhile, Verizon is the market leader for IP connectivity for a sixth consecutive year, followed closely by XO. These two are mainstays in this market, leading in service development and customer adoption.”
BUSINESS VOIP SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- The top hosted VoIP providers in North America are 8x8, West IP Communications, Comcast, and Verizon
- West leaped from 4th place in last year’s scorecard to the number-2 position this year, resulting from strong demand for its Cisco-based solution
- The competitive landscape for hosted VoIP services continues to be impacted by the traditional UC vendors, leading to fragmentation
- Mitel debuted in this year’s scorecard, due in part to its merger with Aastra
- Verizon, XO, AT&T, and Windstream are the leading IP connectivity providers in North America
- The IP connectivity market is driven by SIP trunking and led by a handful of strong providers followed by a large number of companies competing in a market where differentiation is difficult
ABOUT INFONETICS’ NA BUSINESS VOIP SCORECARD
Infonetics' annual North America business VoIP services scorecard identifies service providers currently leading the hosted VoIP/UC and IP connectivity markets and those best positioned to succeed long term. The matrix rankings are based on criteria such as installed base of lines or seats, financial stability, market strategy, service capabilities, and support options. Service providers ranked include 8x8, AT&T, Bandwidth, Broadview Networks, CenturyLink, Comcast, Fusion, Intelepeer, Level 3, Mitel, RingCentral, Sprint, Star2Star, Thinking Phone Networks, Verizon, Vonage, West IP Communications, Windstream, and XO. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
RECENT & UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (May 20: Attend)
- How to Get the Best Out of DAS, LTE, Small Cells, and WiFi (June 5: Attend)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Learn More)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (View on-demand)
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (View on-demand)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (View on-demand)
- The Increasing Threat of Compromised Web Servers & How to Mitigate It (View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #