Boston, MASSACHUSETTS (January 27, 2015) — Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), today released excerpts from its Policy Management Strategies and Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey.
Infonetics’ study provides insights into the investment drivers, strategies and integration efforts of operators deploying policy management solutions, as well as their thoughts on leading policy vendors.
“The next generation of policy management solutions has evolved to address the challenges associated with increased broadband consumption and a wider range of end-user devices. This shift has translated into significant changes in the policy management vendor landscape as suppliers look to refine and reposition their offerings,” said Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics.
“There are new buyers for policy management within the operators and new requirements that policy solutions must address, and this has created challenges for many suppliers playing in the market—a trend that we expect to continue in the coming years,” continued Levine.
POLICY MANAGEMENT SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- When asked to identify the top policy management vendors, survey respondents put Huawei at the top of the list; Ericsson came in 2nd, and Openet and Oracle tied for 3rd
- Topping respondents’ criteria for choosing a policy management solution are reliability and performance scalability
- While only 13 percent of respondents are currently running policy management software as a virtual network function (VNF), 57 percent plan to do so by the end of 2016
- A surprisingly high 32 percent of operators surveyed plan to deploy policy via a cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform by the end of 2016
POLICY SURVEY SYNOPSIS
For its 24-page annual policy management survey, Infonetics interviewed 23 service providers in Asia Pacific, Latin America, North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa that have deployed policy management solutions or plan to by the end of 2015. The study provides insights into policy business drivers, use cases, integration efforts, solution criteria, and suppliers. Vendors mentioned include Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Cisco, Comverse, Ericsson, Huawei, Openet, Oracle, Redknee and others. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
UPCOMING POLICY WEBINAR
Join analyst Shira Levine Feb. 17 at 11:00 AM ET for Policy Management and SDM in an LTE World, an event exploring the impact of LTE on policy management and subscriber data management systems. Attend live or access the replay at: http://w.on24.com/r.htm?e=917086&s=1&k=8F531EB797F18B59DEED5A0E4228B4FC
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
TO BUY RESEARCH, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #