Campbell, CALIFORNIA, March 18, 2014—Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 2014 UC Cloud and On-Premises Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey, which explores enterprises’ plans for unified communications (UC), including cloud deployments, and their perceptions of UC vendors.
“The barriers to adoption no longer outweigh the benefits of unified communications (UC), and as a result there are fewer and fewer businesses not utilizing UC,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research. “Enterprises have a number of choices, from traditional premises-based solutions to a variety of cloud capabilities. This makes for a fragmented market for businesses to wade through, but it also provides options to best fit a wide swath of requirements.”
Myers adds: “Mobility was again a key trend running through our UC survey. More businesses are embracing BYOD and also outfitting employees with company-issued smartphones and tablets. This, in turn, is driving requirements to extend UC applications to these devices.”
UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- 88% of survey respondents plan to add video conferencing to their unified communications (UC) architecture by February 2015, underscoring the continued growth of video within enterprise UC deployments
- Mobile device integration is rated a very important UC capability by 74% of respondents
- According to enterprises surveyed, the #1 factor driving cloud UC adoption is cost
- E-mail is the most common UC application deployed in the cloud (private or public) today by survey participants, followed closely by instant messaging, voice, conferencing, and collaboration
- When asked who they consider to be the top 3 suppliers for on-premises and cloud UC products and services, enterprises most often named Cisco, Microsoft, and IBM
- Qualities businesses most often look for when choosing a hosted provider include a high level of service support, QoS guarantees, and security
ABOUT THE UC STUDY
For its 35-page enterprise unified communications survey, Infonetics interviewed 156 UC purchase-decision makers at medium and large businesses in North America that use IP telephony, e-mail, and instant messaging or plan to by the end of 2014. The study provides an in-depth look at the state of the UC market, where organizations are unifying various types of communication, why they are doing it, if and how they are utilizing the cloud, what capabilities they need, and their ratings of 9 UC vendors (Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel, Unify/Siemens Enterprise). To buy the study, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
WEBINAR: IMS IN THE CLOUD WITH NFV
Join analyst Diane Myers April 16 for Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV, a live event that investigates the challenges and benefits of using IMS to leverage the cloud to address network scalability, cost, and flexibility issues, as well as how NFV enables innovation in IMS networks:
RECENT AND UPCOMING VOICE/VIDEO/UC RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, events brochure, report highlights, tables of contents, and more at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to register for upcoming webinars, view recent webinars on demand, or learn about sponsoring a webinar.
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (Mar. 20: Attend)
- Virtualizing Networks with SDN NVOs and Bare Metal Switches (Mar. 25: Attend)
- Security at the Speed of VoLTE (Apr. 10: Attend)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (Apr. 16: Attend)
- WebRTC: Compelling Service or Competitive Threat? (View on-demand)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), Latin America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44-755-488-1623
- Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. View Infonetics' brief About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.
Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #