Cambridge, MASSACHUSETTS (May 7, 2015)—Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), today reported that the worldwide subscriber data management (SDM) market grew 29 percent in 2014 over 2013, to $1.4 billion, fueled by operator demand for voice over LTE (VoLTE) and subscriber analytics.
“Voice over LTE is continuing to drive SDM spending in developed markets as operators look to manage their subscriber data over multiple network domains. We expect the adoption of voice over WiFi to have a similar effect,” said Shira Levine, research director for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
“However, momentum around big data and analytics has the potential to have an even more significant impact on the SDM market, as operators seek to break down the data silos that exist within their organizations and better leverage subscriber data to improve the customer experience and drive additional revenue,” Levine said.
Infonetics’ Subscriber Data Management Software and Services market size and forecasts report tracks SDM software and services for mobile and fixed-line networks.
SUBSCRIBER DATA MANAGEMENT MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Operators are looking to deploy subscriber data management (SDM) as a centralized subscriber data repository that can be integrated with multiple front-end applications potentially from multiple vendors
- The cost savings and operational efficiencies associated with reducing the number of subscriber data repositories remains a major factor behind SDM spending, particularly in emerging markets facing rapid subscriber growth
- Despite growing interest in SDM, barriers to adoption remain, including interoperability concerns, subscriber data sensitivity and organizational silos
- Virtualization of front-end applications such as home subscriber server (HSS) and policy and charging rules function (PCRF) are well underway, and virtualization of the backend SDM platform is following suit, but concerns about reliability, availability and security persist
- As SDM evolves to an independent backend solution that can enable emerging areas such as identity and analytics, it will create new opportunities for alternative vendors that may not have an entrenched presence in the HSS and home location register (HLR) markets
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients: Log in to view Shira Levine’s subscriber data management market update, live May 12 at 11:00 AM ET or on-demand: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=1068.
SDM REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ biannual subscriber data management report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends for mobile and fixed-line subscriber data management software and services. Vendors tracked in the report: Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Ericsson, HP, Huawei, IBM, Nokia Networks, Openwave Mobility, Oracle, Redknee, and UnboundID. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
INFONETICS WEBINARS (www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- The Path to VoLTE (May 7: Register)
- Communications App Servers: LTE, NFV and Beyond (Watch now)
- Policy Management and SDM in an LTE World (Watch now)
- Striking Gold with Subscriber Analytics (Sponsor)
- Leveraging Policy and Charging to Support the Internet of Things (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #