Campbell, CALIFORNIA (March 17, 2015)—Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), today reported that for the full-year 2014, LTE alone pushed mobile infrastructure revenue up 10 percent over 2013, to $46.8 billion worldwide, due in large part to China Mobile’s massive TDD LTE deployment.
Infonetics’ fourth quarter 2014 (4Q14) and year-end Mobile Infrastructure Equipment report tracks more than 50 categories of equipment, software and subscribers based on all existing generations of wireless network technology.
“We have consistently said that LTE was supposed to pull the entire mobile infrastructure market out of the funk, and so far it has. LTE revenue grew 69 percent in 2014 from the previous year,” said Stéphane Téral, principal analyst for mobile infrastructure and carrier economics at Infonetics Research, now part of IHS. “That said, we’ve reached the peak of LTE buildouts on this planet, and we believe market dynamics will cause the mobile macro infrastructure industry to enter a long-tail decline beginning in 2016 until 5G eventually kicks in.”
MOBILE INFRASTRUCTURE MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics/IHS expects the 2G/3G/4G mobile infrastructure market to drop from nearly $47 billion to $27 billion from 2014 to 2019, as the planet reaches the end of macrocell mobile deployments
- By Infonetics’/IHS’s count, China Mobile has rolled out 700,000 eNodeB units as of January 2015 and plans to add another 300,000 this year
- The rest of the world is moving fast to LTE too, with the Global Mobile Suppliers Association (GSA) estimating that over 450 commercial LTE networks will be launched by the end of 2015
- In 4Q14, global macrocell mobile infrastructure revenue totaled $12 billion, up 8 percent from 3Q14, and up 10 percent from 4Q13 as unabated TDD-LTE activity in China overshadowed strong LTE and 3G activity in Europe and the Middle East
- For the full-year 2014, the overall 2G/3G/4G infrastructure market share leaders are Ericsson, Huawei and Nokia Networks (in alphabetical order)
- Nokia Networks continues to advance, helped by a strong position in the US due to Sprint and T-Mobile US, as well as massive LTE deployments in China
MOBILE REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ quarterly mobile infrastructure report provides worldwide and regional market size, vendor market share, forecasts through 2019, deployment trackers, analysis and trends for macrocell mobile network equipment, software and subscribers. The report tracks more than 50 subsegments of the market, including radio access networks (RANs), base transceiver stations (BTSs), mobile softswitching, packet core equipment and E-UTRAN macrocells. Vendors tracked: Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Datang Mobile, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Genband, HP, Huawei, NEC, Nokia Networks, Samsung, ZTE, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Download Infonetics’ 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
INFONETICS WEBINARS (www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- Optimizing LTE and LTE-A Networks with the Right KPIs (Watch now)
- Improving the VoLTE Experience: Best Practices from Early Launches (Watch now)
- The Path to VoLTE (Sponsor)
- Data Density in the Mobile Network: Small Cells, RRH, DAS, or WiFi? (Sponsor)
- The Synchronization Conundrum of Mobile Networks (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #