Campbell, CALIFORNIA (May 11, 2015)—Technology market research firm IHS Infonetics (NYSE: IHS), today released excerpts from its 2015 Cloud UC North American Service Provider Scorecard, which analyzes and ranks the top cloud/hosted unified communications (UC) providers in North America.
“8x8 is the decisive leader in the hosted UC market for the second year in a row, building on its solid financial position over the past three-plus years and its continued focus on service enhancements and geographic expansion. Although its installed base is still heavily small businesses, 8x8 is successfully moving upmarket,” said Diane Myers, research director for VoIP, UC and IMS at IHS Infonetics.
CLOUD UC PROVIDER SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Topping Infonetics’ 2015 North American hosted cloud UC scorecard are 8x8, West IP Communications, Vonage, RingCentral and Comcast
- Vonage made the biggest jump this year by accelerating its customer base through acquisitions
- Comprising the second tier of leaders in the scorecard are Broadview Networks, Mitel, Star2Star, Thinking Phone Networks and Verizon (listed in alphabetical order)
- Growing fast and doing great things in the UC-as-a-Service space, and coming in right below the top 10, are a broad mix of providers such as CenturyLink, CoreDial, Cox, Earthlink, iCore, Masergy, Megapath, ShoreTel, Windstream and XO
ABOUT THE IHS INFONETICS CLOUD UC SCORECARD
IHS Infonetics' annual North American UC cloud scorecard identifies the service providers currently leading the hosted/cloud unified communications (UC) market and those best positioned to succeed long term. The rankings are based on criteria such as installed base of seats, financial stability, market strategy, service capabilities and support options. Service providers making the top ten include 8x8, Broadview Networks, Comcast, Mitel, RingCentral, Star2Star, Thinking Phone Networks, Verizon, Vonage and West IP Communications. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
IHS INFONETICS WEBINARS (www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- Building Smarter WiFi Networks (May 20: Register)
- SIP Security: Mitigating Threats to Central Offices and Mobile Workers (Watch now)
- WebRTC as a Complement to UC Deployments (Sponsor)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #