Campbell, CALIFORNIA (July 20, 2015)—IHS (NYSE: IHS) today released excerpts from its IHS Infonetics NFV Hardware, Software, and Services report, which forecasts the global network functions virtualization (NFV) hardware, software and services market to reach $11.6 billion in 2019, up from $2.3 billion in 2015.
“NFV represents operators’ shift from a hardware focus to software focus, and our forecasts show this. We believe NFV software will comprise over 80 percent of the $11.6 billion total NFV revenue in 2019,” said Michael Howard, senior research director for carrier networks at IHS.
“The software is always a much larger investment than the server, storage and switch hardware, representing about $4 of every $5 spent on NFV,” Howard said.
MORE NFV MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Service providers are still early in the long-term, 10- to 15-year transformation to virtualized networks
- Revenue from outsourced services for NFV projects is projected to grow at a 71 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2014 to 2019
- Revenue from software-only video content delivery network (CDN) functions for managing and distributing data is forecast by IHS to grow 30-fold from 2015 to 2019
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Log in to view on-demand analyst Michael Howard’s NFV market recap and outlook: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=1040.
NFV REPORT SYNOPSIS
The 2015 IHS Infonetics NFV Hardware, Software, and Services market research report tracks outsourced services for network functions virtualization (NFV) projects as well as service provider NFV hardware, including NFV infrastructure (NFVI) servers, storage and switches; and NFV software split out by service management and orchestration (NFV MANO) software and virtual network function (VNF) software, including virtual routers (vRouters) and the software-only functions of mobile core and EPC, IMS, PCRF and DPI, security, video content delivery networks (CDN), and other VNF software. The research service provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2019, in-depth analysis and trends. To purchase the report, please visit: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
Watch analyst Michael Howard’s July 2015 webinar, SDN and NFV: Accelerating PoCs to Live Commercial Deployment, an event detailing how operators can validate VNFs, NFVI and network services to speed up commercial deployments. Log in to view:
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download the IHS Infonetics 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.
IHS INFONETICS WEBINARS (www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- SDN & NFV: Accelerating PoCs to Live Commercial Deployment (Watch now)
- Leveraging NFV for Carrier WiFi Services (July 21: Register)
- White Box Switching: Is It Time to Jump In? (July 22: Register)
- Service Provider Experiences with NFV: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly (Watch now)
- Evolving Network Architectures: Cloud, SDN, NFV & Packet-Optical (Watch now)
- Router Bypass: Using NFV to Deliver Enterprise Services (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- The Americas: +1 855 323-3363, +1 719 265-1535, Technology_US@ihs.com
- Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA): +44 1344 328300, Technology_EMEA@ihs.com
- Asia Pacific: +604 291-3600, Technology_APAC@ihs.com
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
# # #