Campbell, CALIFORNIA, March 30, 2015—Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), conducted in-depth surveys with 162 medium and large organizations in North America and discovered that by 2016 over 50 percent of respondents will be running some of their unified communications (UC) applications over either a private or public cloud service.
UC integrates fragmented communication modes, such as voice, e-mail and instant messaging, into a single communication experience. Infonetics’ 2015 UC Cloud and On-Premises Strategies and Vendor Leadership: North American Enterprise Survey explores enterprises’ plans for UC and their perceptions of UC vendors and cloud unified-communications as-a-service (UCaaS) providers.
“Businesses continue to migrate their unified communications applications to the cloud, citing flexibility as the key reason. Cloud solutions are inherently more flexible than premises-based solutions, offering businesses the ability to scale users up and down, centralize management, and deploy new features and applications quickly,” said Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC and IMS at Infonetics Research, now part of IHS.
UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS SURVEY HIGHLIGHTS
- The number-one unified communications device used by respondent businesses is the smartphone, ahead of traditional computing devices such as laptop and desktop computers
- Web- and video-conferencing and text messaging are increasingly becoming part of businesses’ UC communication types, reflecting changing user behavior
- By early 2016, 93 percent of respondents plan to implement video conferencing into their UC solution
- When choosing a unified communications supplier, enterprises surveyed ranked product reliability and technology innovation as the most important criteria
- When asked about their perceptions of unified communications vendors, respondent businesses rated Cisco highest in product reliability and Microsoft highest in technology innovation
- The most important criterion to survey respondents when selecting a cloud/hosted provider is security levels
UC SURVEY SYNOPSIS
Infonetics’ 35-page enterprise unified communications survey provides an in-depth look at the state of the UC market, where businesses are unifying various types of communication, why they are doing it, what capabilities they need, deployment locations and which vendors and/or service providers they are likely to use. Organizations participating in the study were required to have e-mail, voice and IM. Vendors mentioned in the survey include Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise, Avaya, Cisco, IBM, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, ShoreTel and Unify. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
SIP SECURITY WEBINAR
Join Diane Myers April 16 at 11:00 AM ET for SIP Security: Mitigating Threats to Central Offices and Mobile Workers, an event exploring how companies can ensure complete, seamless and secure network access for employees regardless of location. Join live or watch on-demand.
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
INFONETICS WEBINARS (https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- SIP Security: Mitigating Threats to Central Offices and Mobile Workers (Apr. 16: Attend)
- WebRTC as a Complement to UC Deployments (Sponsor)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #