Campbell, CALIFORNIA (May 8, 2015)—Technology market research firm Infonetics Research, now part of IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), today reported that the worldwide voice over IP (VoIP) service market hit just shy of $70 billion in 2014, a 3 percent increase over the prior year fueled by growth in business VoIP services, which offset a slowdown in residential VoIP services revenue.
“Business voice services are the driving force within the VoIP services market as the move to IP positively impacts cloud, trunking and managed services across all business segments. Larger enterprises in particular continue to actively evaluate cloud unified communications while also migrating to SIP trunking for premises-based deployments. And there are no signs of it slowing down,” said Diane Myers, research director for VoIP, UC and IMS at Infonetics Research, now part of IHS.
“On the residential side, subscribers continue to grow, but revenue has fallen off as VoIP services are included in triple-play packages for almost no cost in many parts of the world,” Myers said.
Infonetics’ VoIP and UC Services and Subscribers report tracks service provider residential and business VoIP and unified communications (UC) services.
VOIP AND UC SERVICES MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Comprising 38 percent of overall VoIP services sales, business VoIP service revenue grew 9.7 percent in 2014 over 2013
- There were 224 million residential VoIP subscribers worldwide in 2014, up 5 percent from the previous year
- Managed IP PBX services will make up the largest segment of business VoIP services for the next several years, with new growth coming from dedicated cloud unified communication solutions
- Owing to continuing demand for enterprise cloud-based services, hosted PBX and unified communication service revenue increased 8 percent year-over-year in 2014, and seats rose 30 percent
ANALYST CONFERENCE CALL FOR CLIENTS
Clients: Log in to watch on-demand analyst Diane Myers’ VoIP and UC market recap and outlook: www.infonetics.com/cgp/login.asp?id=977.
VOIP AND UC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' annual VoIP and unified communications report provides worldwide and regional market share, market size, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends for residential and business VoIP and unified communication services and subscribers. The report includes a Hosted PBX/UC Tracker highlighting deployments by service provider, region and vendor platform. Residential VoIP providers in the report include AT&T, Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Embratel, Iliad, J:Com, KDDI, KT, LG Uplus, Liberty Global, NTT, Numbericable-SFR, ONO, Orange, Rogers, Shaw Communications, Sky, SoftBank, TalkTalk, Time Warner Cable, Verizon, Vonage and others. To purchase the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
SIP SECURITY WEBINAR
Watch on-demand analyst Diane Myers’ webinar, SIP Security: Mitigating Threats to Central Offices and Mobile Workers, which explores how companies can ensure complete, seamless and secure network access for employees regardless of location:
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download Infonetics’ 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
INFONETICS WEBINARS (www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
- Building Smarter WiFi Networks (May 20: Register)
- SIP Security: Mitigating Threats to COs and Mobile Workers (Watch now)
- WebRTC as a Complement to UC Deployments (Sponsor)
- Evaluating Cloud Unified Communications: What to Consider (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, PLEASE CONTACT:
- N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- N. America (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song firstname.lastname@example.org +86 21-3919-8505
- Japan: 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics email@example.com +81 3-6408-5566
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of insight, analytics and expertise in critical areas that shape today’s business landscape. Businesses and governments in more than 150 countries around the globe rely on the comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods of IHS to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS has been in business since 1959 and became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange in 2005. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, IHS is committed to sustainable, profitable growth and employs about 8,800 people in 32 countries around the world.
IHS is a registered trademark of IHS Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2015 IHS Inc. All rights reserved.
About Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com)
Infonetics Research, now part of IHS (NYSE: IHS), is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively. Follow Infonetics on Twitter for the latest headlines: http://twitter.com/infonetics.
# # #